Site Reliability Engineer
- At Interficie we are looking for a SRE/DevOps Engineer that can take ownership of and evolve our service infrastructure of various projects.
- We are an Internet development studio based in Barcelona that offers consultancy and development of Internet solutions for enterprises, startups and public institutions.
- We develop and maintain projects spanning from the occasional wordpress to fully custom business management applications with React frontends and Node/PHP backends.
- Your job will be to take the lead at devising a set of infrastructure patterns than can serve those use cases providing good reliability and performance guarantees.
- Hence, we are looking for someone committed and proactive who wants to join our team and grow with us.
- For us it is very important to reconcile with family life, so we offer a flexible work day of 7 hours. Most of us do them from 8 to 15h to have free afternoons.
Top skills required are:
- Ability to envision a web-based application infrastructure as a whole and to provide inputs to the development team for improvement.
- Good communication skills and an itch to get everything documented.
- Be a good team player.
- Identify bottlenecks, failure points, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Understand and influence the vision and overall strategy of our systems.
- A passion for learning and applying those newly acquired skills while keeping reliability/robustness in mind.
- Serious attitude towards systems security and best practices.
- Good oral and written communication skills in Spanish.
The necessary technical knowledge:
- Linux sysadmin profficiency (Ubuntu, Debian).
- Cursory knowledge about AWS Services and setting up infrastructure within the AWS ecosystem.
- Experience with some configuration management solution(s) (e.g.: Ansible, Puppet, Salt).
- Knowledge of how the web ecosystem works from a systems perspective (DNS, HTTP(s), CORS, etc.)
- CI pipelines set up and management (e.g.: Github Actions, AWS CodeDeploy).
- Experience deploying Docker-based applications (e.g.: ECS, Kubernetes, Portainer).
- Experience setting up and maintaining monitoring and alerting systems (e.g.: ELK, Prometheus, Nagios, Zabbix).
- Ability to develop and maintain security processes.
- Experience setting up and maintaining PHP/MySQL infrastructures
- Experience setting up and maintaining some linux-based backup solution (e.g.: Duplicity, RSnapshot, Restic).
- Deep knowledge in any of the above points.
- 7-hour intensive day.
- Participation in the technological and business decision making.
- Direct contact with the CEO.
- Flexible start schedule between (8:00 - 9:00).
- Full remote.
Apply for this role!
To apply for this opportunity, please fill the form and attach your resume and a cover letter.